6.04.2010

Salmon Patties


Tonight we had salmon patties for supper. I'd not had these growing up and wasn't sure I'd like them- they were not appealing, but I was branching out and tried them. I tried several recipes and ended up with my own adaptation. Now they are a family favorite.

This meal for 3-4 cost approx $4.76. I served the salmon patties with frozen veggies (purchased on sale with coupon for approx .70/box) and salads made primarily from garden produce. Seeds are inexpensive and the free onion starts, etc we received from family are even better!



Mix in a bowl:
1 14.75oz can salmon (drained) ($2.50-$3.49)
1 egg ($.08-$.13)
2 green onions, diced(free- $.15)
1-2 cloves garlic, minced (free- $.05)
1/3 bread crumbs ($.05-$.10)
salt, pepper

Heat a skillet over medium heat. Coat the bottom with:
1 T olive oil ($.05-$.10)

Form salmon mixture into patties and cook in skillet until brown on each side. Makes 8-10 patties. Serve with:
lemon juice or fresh squeezed lemon ($.05-$.75)

No comments:

Post a Comment