1.01.2012

Pantry (and freezer) Challenge

Jessica at Good Cheap Eats and Life as Mom is hosting another Pantry Challenge. Despite holiday sales not being quite what I'd hoped, this fall has left our freezer pretty full. This Pantry Challenge isn't about going without or what we don't have; it's about focusing on the bounty before us. Focusing on what we already have will help us start out the new year in the right direction and set us on the path toward our yearly family goals.


Pantry Challenge Goals
Cleaning out the Freezer
I knew we were starting to build up some frost on the sides of our freezer, but when inventorying, I also found greasy orange frost in one of the bottom corners. I'll be focusing on using what is in the freezer this month and not be adding to our freezer stockpile. Hopefully by the end, I'll have cleared out enough to defrost and clean our chest freezer.

Cutting the Budget
One of our family goals this year is to expand our garden. Cutting the grocery budget this month will provide money to put toward soil in the increased area, seeds, and plants if my first attempt at indoor seedlings flops. I will still need to purchase some fresh produce and dairy, but will be greatly reducing our grocery spending this month.

Follow along each Monday as myself and others link-up at Good Cheap Eats.

1 comment:

  1. Love it when you said, "it's about focusing on the bounty before us." Amen, sister. Thanks for joining the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete